The IT Manager provides leadership and oversight regarding the Information Technology infrastructure within the organization and to the team that supports it. With direction from the Technology Director, the IT manager designs and implements technology-related policies that support and achieve the organization’s goals and protect the organization from system failure or cyber-related data corruption and loss.
Purpose of position
- Schedule regular meetings with the IT Team to discuss priorities and to determine how to move projects forward.
- Develop and enforce policies relating to IT security and processes.
- Determine roles and responsibilities within the team and review them regularly.
- Provide recommendations on Information Technology investments.
- Create and manage the annual IT budget.
- Oversee the maintenance and upgrading of all IT equipment as required.
- Approve new software releases and upgrades.
- Work with the finance team to design the annual operating and capital IT budget, and through the year, provide monthly financial forecasting and variance analysis on budget to actual results.
- Oversee IT technology research, development, and project management.
- Other duties as required.
- Manage the IT Team and projects.
- Provide recommendations to the Director of Technology on how best to leverage and develop the organization’s technology to fulfill the strategic priorities and goals.
- Execute the technology strategy plans for platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Monitor the security of systems and proactively implement measures to avoid issues.
- Lead and apply hands-on involvement to manage the Technology Help Desk ensuring that service level agreements are met based on user experience satisfaction.
- Provide technical direction, guidance, and project management for technology development.
- Establish and communicate the technical standards and formal processes to support technology.
- Work cross-functionally with Research, Marketing, and Operations to maximize the use of technology to support the organizational mission.
- Liaison with IT vendors (including cloud services and licensed software) to ensure that functional service performance and value proposition of the products meets expectations.
- Prepare and manage the IT budget.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology resources to meet operational requirements and financial investment performance.
- Anticipate and react to significant technological changes with the goal of maintaining optimal functionality and, when possible, a leading edge in the competitive landscape.
- Align all market-facing functions to our shared growth objectives.
Qualifications and experience
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science.
- At least five years managing IT and network infrastructure in a mid-sized, multi-faceted company.
- Experience with implementing and managing Microsoft Office 365 collaboration application platform.
- Experience with leading and developing technology teams.
- Working knowledge of software –including Microsoft products, online tools, CRM systems, Accpac/Sage or other accounting systems, document management software, television production software and hardware, Apple technology integration
- Understanding of new technology trends and how to apply them to the current environment with good ROI analysis.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Service oriented
- Strategic Thinker
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Deadline and goal-oriented
- Problem-solving skills
- Collaboration skills
What we offer
- In-office working environment with some remote available
- Open office, friendly, and highly collaborative team environment.
- Co-workers who are committed to the exceptional delivery of our services, and meaningful growth through Purpose Development.
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Paid time off -medical and personal days in addition to vacation
- Group RSP matching plan
- Development Opportunities
How to apply
- Please send your resume and cover letter which includes an explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith-based culture.
- Email for submission: [email protected]
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
- Crossroads is an Employment Equity Employer.
Crossroads is a highly respected organization that provides Christian faith and values media content. This position also serves as a shared service for YES TV, a commercial television station committed to positive, family-friendly entertainment programming.