We are currently looking for an experienced, professional, and highly relational Executive Assistant to join our dynamic team of people who are passionate about Crossroad’s organizational purpose:
Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
If you have a desire to contribute your skills and talents to genuinely meaningful work, we encourage you to apply now.
Purpose of position
This position exists to provide on-site comprehensive administrative and organizational support to the Chief Executive Officer in support of the Corporate Office.
Supporting the CEO – 80% of time
- Serve as the primary contact (gatekeeper) for internal staff and external stakeholders on matters pertaining to the CEO
- Manage the CEO calendar. Problem solve and provide solutions when scheduling changes occur
- Liaison between the CEO and the Executive Team as needed
- Record and distribute minutes for a variety of meetings
- Assist with various projects as requested by the CEO, including writing projects, conducting research, and creating reports
- Attend meetings and/or events on behalf of the CEO as requested
- Book travel arrangements and create itineraries
Supporting the Board of Directors – 10% of time
- Liaise between the CEO and Board of Directors as needed
- Serve as the Board Clerk
- Serve as the point of contact for the Board
Supporting the Executive Team – 4% of time
- Liaise between the Executive Team and the CEO when needed
- Assist with other various projects
General Office Duties – 6 % of time
- Various administrative duties
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, (communications preferred) or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in Executive Assistant position
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and superb organizational skills in a multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment
- A high level of comfort and proficiency with computers, including Google Workspace, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and conferencing platforms
- Research and information-gathering skills
- Judgement and decision-making ability
- The ability to manage multiple projects strategically and work tactically
- The ability to record minutes and convert into action plans
- A highly professional demeanour with proven experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information with tact and diplomacy
- An independent, resourceful, and flexible personality, open to changes as needed, and can proactively anticipate issues
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, foster collaboration, and embrace organizational values
What we offer
- Comprehensive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Paid time-off benefits, personal, sick days
- Group RSP matching plan
- Open office, friendly, and highly collaborative team environment.
- Crossroads works closely with YES TV which shares our workspace. www.yestv.com
- Co-workers who are committed to the exceptional delivery of our services, and meaningful growth through Purpose Development.
How to apply
- Applications must include a current resume and a cover letter that includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and our organizational purpose.
- Email for submission: [email protected]
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
- Crossroads is an Employment Equity Employer.
Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing Christian faith and values media content for people of all ages providing relevant messages of faith and inspiration for millions of Canadians.