About Crossroads Cares
For more than 40 years, Crossroads Cares has had the privilege of being a visible expression of God’s love to millions. As a faith-based humanitarian relief and development organization, we have invested $48.8 million globally, responding to humanitarian crises with both short-term ‘emergency response’ and long-term ‘development projects’. Through the gifts of our partners, we have been able to give hope to the most vulnerable, provide food and water to the hungry, rescue and care for the neglected, and provide emergency aid when natural disasters strike. God cares for people through people, and by collaborating with more than 60+ on-site Ministries and local NGOs, we have built trusted partnerships throughout the world. Together, with a servant's heart, we fulfill the Bible’s directive to love our neighbour.
We value the ultimate expression of love in the person of Jesus Christ.
We value all people & we believe that all people are of value.
We value tangible expressions of hope.
We value thinking globally and acting locally.
We value sustainable impact and empowering others.
We value stewardship.
Relief + Development
- Access to Food and Clean Water
- Water-borne diseases or death from polluted water sources
- Illnesses, starvation, and stunted growth due to lack of food
- Food security (a reliable food source) and/or famine
- Reliable water source and/or drought
- Increased vulnerability due to lack of food
- Extreme poverty due to the lack of vital resources
- Access to Clean Water by digging and refurbishing wells
- Preventing waterborne illness by implementing bio-sand filters into homes and providing access to clean water
- Community water management skills, sanitation knowledge, and health and nutrition awareness
- School feeding and food community outreach programs to children, people with disabilities, the elderly, holocaust survivors, refugees, and vulnerable households
Where We Work
Currently we are supporting food and clean water projects in:
- Human trafficking
- Orphans, abused, abandoned, street children
- Sexual exploitation
- Extreme poverty
- The persecuted church
- War-torn nations
- Exploitation and addiction of women
- Providing shelters and places of refuge for marginalized children and victims of human trafficking, disaster, exploitation, addictions, and persecution
- Delivering tangible support, education, and care for abandoned and orphaned children
- Facilitating counselling, care, and rehabilitation for victims of trafficking, addictions, and exploitation
- Equipping women with vocational skills, education, and training to provide long-term solutions
- Supporting Canadian programs that assist youth and adults experiencing homelessness
Where We Work
Currently we are supporting rescue and care projects in:
- Access to education
- Equal access to healthcare and education for females
- Income-generating vocational training and skills
- An epidemic of suicide
- Helping children and youth access primary school education & healthcare
- Equipping youth with vocational skills and training
- Providing training and business skills for women
- Empowering suicide prevention and training with aboriginal youth
Where We Work
Where We Work - Currently, we are supporting education and health development projects in: