Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. is looking for a highly relational and administratively strong individual to join our dynamic People & Culture team in January 2024 in the full-time, permanent, on-site position of HR Generalist. If you thrive in a culture that promotes growth, well-being, and purpose, we invite you to apply.
Purpose of position
This position plays a key role within our People & Culture team and serves both Crossroads and YES TV by providing a range of human resource support functions, with an emphasis on the area of recruitment. The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s purpose: Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Provide general administrative assistance.
- Coordinate the recruitment process including the creation of position guides, job postings, tracking candidates, screening, scheduling interviews, reference and background checks, and onboarding.
- Assist with various additional recruitment facilitation involving interns, co-operatives, contract, freelance, and volunteers.
- Support HR-related projects such as Purpose Development, and Training and Development initiatives.
- Assist with Policy development.
- Lead the Social committee and help facilitate company events.
- Assist with documentation and filing of employee-related communications.
- Monitor Health and Safety initiatives.
- Assist with Staff surveys.
Specific Job Duties:
- Collaborate with the Director of People & Culture and team leads in fulfilling recruitment needs.
- Assist with the preparation of Position Guides and transform them into job postings as required.
- Monitor the P&C recruitment expense budget.
- Maintain a reference list of recruitment platforms and recruitment partners and post jobs appropriately according to the role. (Job board/newspapers/colleges, social media, etc.).
- Coordinate authorization requests for hires outside of the resourcing plan through the Request for Hire form.
- Conduct new employee orientation to support a positive onboarding experience.
- Help facilitate the internship program.
- Organize candidates through an applicant tracking system.
- Conduct reference checks and provide feedback to the team lead.
- Maintain a resume pool for future reference.
- Assist with job fairs and other recruitment events in the local area. Promote CCCI’s reputation as a desirable workplace.
- Complete grant applications for internships, co-ops, and other government hiring programs.
- Assist with conducting exit interviews.
- Budget and plan social events with the social committee.
- Set up employee surveys and report on results.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and experience
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources program preferred
- CHRP designation, (completed or in progress)
- 3-5 years of HR experience, preferably with a generalist focus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with recruitment
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes
- Familiarity with HR programs, HRIS, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)/Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Strong discernment skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be well-organized, detail-oriented, and results-focused
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technically savvy
- People-oriented – enjoys dealing with people and assisting with solving their problems
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good Listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional manner
- Service oriented
- Strong Emotional Intelligence
What we offer
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Matching Group RSP contributions
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
- Hybrid in-office and work-from-home option.
- Our teams enjoy a collaborative work environment, exposure to a wide variety of projects that can help develop practical, in-demand skills, and the opportunity to make a direct, meaningful impact on both personal and professional growth.
- Faith-based culture
How to apply
- Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The chosen candidate will be fully aligned with the organizational faith-based culture. All applicants must include a cover letter with their resume highlighting why they feel they would be a suitable candidate for this role.
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
- Crossroads is an Employment Equity Employer.
Crossroads Christian Communications is a registered charity and is Canada’s leader in providing faith and values media content, which includes broadcast, digital, and print with the purpose of revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere anytime.