A new season for First Peoples Voices
Wow, it’s already March. After our whirlwind Christmas Outreach Campaign, my focus shifted to administrative duties. Midway through, I was again reminded that our relationship and fellowship with Indigenous communities continues and grows because of your prayers and vital support. Thank You!
Just as seasons change in nature, so as they change in ministry. I am excited to share that one of 100 Huntley Street’s hosts, Cheryl Weber, was appointed the new Director of Crossroads Cares. As you may have known, First Peoples Voices is under the direction of Crossroads Cares, and we look forward to welcoming her!
Cheryl, always encouraging our work, has interviewed First Peoples both in the studio and by visiting them on their land. I am thrilled that Cheryl will join me this summer to visit some communities in northern Saskatchewan. Cheryl is eager to meet our “champions” and gather new stories for 100 Huntley Street. I will certainly keep you posted.
Last month, I drove a van-load of blankets, mitts, and hats to the always appreciative Nawash Food Bank to support their Family Day Outreach Program.
- Please pray for all details to unfold smoothly, as God would desire for Cheryl.
- Pray for the three trips planned this year – Saskatchewan, northern British Columbia, and northern Quebec.
- Pray for the Indigenous stories that need to be told over the next three months.
- Pray for me as I attend an Indigenous retreat called Becoming Kin led by Patty Krawec, Ojibwe (March 31st – April 2nd, 2023). Patty recently authored ‘Unforgetting the Past and Reimagining Our Future.’
- Pray for Nawash House of Prayer as they minister Truth and Reconciliation in many churches across Canada.
- We are experiencing a decline in our finances due to other extreme global emergencies. Would you pray that we receive the necessary pledges and donations to do what we believe God wants us to accomplish this year?
We thank you for your prayers and encouragement! Would you prayerfully consider an extra gift to First Peoples Voices to provide truth, reconciliation and hope to First Peoples? Thank you for your faithful partnership!