If you are seeking God’s will concerning a certain aspect of your life or searching for His leading in a decision you need to make, be assured that God has plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope! (Jeremiah 29:11) God wants to give you the desires of your heart. He doesn’t intend to make His plan difficult for you – but delightful. As you surrender your life to Him and ask for His leading concerning your future, God promises to direct your steps
There are several ways to find God’s direction.
- Bible reading (seeking God through His Word)
- Prayer (with fasting at times)
- Attitude adjustments (be positive, God is good and wants only good for us!) Sound advice from others (seek out wisdom from someone wise)
God is already in your future, the great unknown. You can trust Him to lead you step by step and day by day. God does speak to us; our part is to listen for His voice. He wants to lead you.
Dear God, thank you that I can come to you for help when I feel confused or uncertain about my future. Help me to remember that you desire only what is best for me. I choose today to believe that you will guide me by your Word; therefore my future looks bright, exciting and full of promise. I believe your Word!
Scriptures of Promise
- Psalm 5:8: Lead me, Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies— make your way straight before me.
- Psalm 16:7-8: I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken
- Psalm 19:8: The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
- Psalm 25:4-5: Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
- Psalm 25:9: He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
- Psalm 31:3: Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
- Psalm 32:8-9: I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.
- Psalm 61:1-2: Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
- Psalm 119:105: Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
- Psalm 143:8: Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life
- Proverbs 2:6-9: For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path
- Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- John 10:3-4: The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.
- Acts 13:2: While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."
- Acts 17:11: Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
- Romans 12:1-2: Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- Philippians 2:13: for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
- James 1:5-6: If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.