This position plays a key role within People & Culture team and executes the organizational resourcing plans to enable Crossroads and YES TV to achieve their unique strategic goals while also providing general Human Resources related support.
Crossroads Christian Communications is a registered charity and is Canada’s leader in providing faith and values media content which includes broadcast, digital and print with the purpose of revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere anytime.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources program preferred
- CHRP designation, (completed or in progress)
- Minimum 2 years’ recruiting experience(either in house or as a staffing agency recruiter)
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong discernment skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be well-organized, detail-oriented, and results-focused
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technically savvy
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Areas of Responsibility:
- Full cycle recruiting including the creation of position guides, job postings, tracking candidates, phone screening, scheduling interviews, reference and background checks, and onboarding.
- Collaborate with the Director of People & Culture and team leads in fulfilling recruitment needs.
- Manage and support the new hire’s first-day onboarding to support a positive experience.
- Assist with various additional recruitment plans involving interns, co-operatives, contract, freelance, and volunteers.
- Ensure all hire documentation is received and recorded.
- Help manage the internship program.
Specific Job Duties:
- With the assistance of the Director, People & Culture, prioritize hiring plan according to strategic plan and annual budget.
- Monitor the P&C recruitment expense budget.
- Coordinate authorization for hires outside of the budget through the Request for Hire form.
- Maintain a reference list of recruitment platforms and recruitment partners and post jobs appropriately according to the role. (Job board/newspapers/colleges, social media, etc.)
- Compile lists of interview questions applicable to each role.
- Assist with the preparation of Position Guides and transform into job postings as required.
- Organize candidates through an applicant tracking system.
- Collaborate with team leads to identify prime candidates Conduct screening calls to vet, suitable candidates. Request further information as needed.
- Provide candidate screening responses to team leads and based on their feedback, set up in-person and virtual interviews.
- As requested assist with interviews.
- Conduct reference checks and provide feedback to the team lead.
- Assist with creating written job offers as required.
- Upon acceptance of the job offer, send out the onboarding documents and track to completion.
- Follow up with candidates not chosen to thank them for applying.
- Create an orientation schedule and send it to session leads to ensure their availability and to the candidates manager for approval.
- Communicate first-day plans to the new hire.
- Conduct and personality testing when required.
- Maintain a resume pool for future reference.
- Develop candidate pipelines by creating strong relationship strategies with educational contacts. Promote CCCI’s reputation as a desirable workplace.
- Assist with job fairs and other recruitment events in the local area.
- Complete grant applications for internships and other government hiring programs.
- Assist with selection and onboarding of interns.
- Provide general assistance to P&C.
- Other duties as required.
- Hybrid in-office and work from home option.
- Our teams enjoy a collaborative work environment, exposure to a wide variety of projects that can help develop practical, in-demand skills, plus the opportunity to make a direct, meaningful impact on both personal and professional growth.
- Faith-based culture
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Matching Group RSP contributions
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
The chosen candidate will have the following attributes:
- People oriented – enjoy dealing with people daily and assist in solving their problems
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good Listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional manner
- Service oriented
- Emotional Intelligence
How To Apply:
- Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] . The chosen candidate will be fully aligned with the organizational faith-based culture. All applicants must include a cover letter with their resume highlighting why they feel they would be a suitable candidate for this role.
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
- Crossroads is an Employment Equity Employer.
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission:
Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.