Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Media production
- 7+ years of experience in Production
The chosen candidate will have the following attributes:
- Proven leadership and management abilities
- Ability to prioritize effectively across a number of projects, managing time and resources according to each production’s requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong writing ability with a journalistic approach
- Project management
- An exceptionally good networker and a people person
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated successful troubleshooting skills
Areas of Responsibility:
- Producer for Context on all platforms (broadcast and digital)
- Ensure achievement of production plans from topic selection, to guesting and to delivery of the final product.
- Direct all aspects of social media and the web to ensure engagement and to raise Context profile on social media channels.
- Follow news stories and pitch segments at weekly story meetings.
- Attend weekly production meetings to ensure all aspects of the show are in place for taping days.
- Provide greens and research for upcoming shows/topics/guests.
- Chase and book guests
- Work directly with host/producer on show topics, “so what”, and story arch of every show
- Write set up pieces, source sound-up clips, and work with the Associate producer for producing all roll-in pieces.
- Manage all logistics on-site for production days in the studio.
- Record Zoom interviews on non-in studio production days.
- Track, complete and submit SOCAN reports.
- Write quarterly reports as requested by Executive producers.
- Arrange and produce Skypes, and FaceTime on tape days or assign
- Increase engagement across social media platforms and provide regular social media updates to the Executive Producer. Work with the Associate Producer on social media strategy.
- Work with the Associate Producer on creating and posting video clips, reels, and graphics on social media platforms.
- Maintain the guest database.
- Write throws, promos, segues, and segments when needed.
- Write news stories on socials or monitor posts
- Write banners, name keys, graphics, etc.
- Update RDC and create new draft RDC templates regularly
- Ensure the brand is maintained for production-related elements
- Other duties as required.
- Open office, friendly and collaborative environment
- Remote and In-Office working arrangements
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission-minded
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Paid time-off benefits, personal, sick days
How To Apply:
- Please send your resume and cover letter which includes an explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for the role and the organization’s purpose statement found below, to [email protected]
Purpose Statement: Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
- Crossroads is an Employment Equity Employer.