Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
is looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator who is enthusiastic and customer service minded for the full-time position of:
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission:
Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Applications must include a current resume, and a cover letter which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith-based culture. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Reports directly to the Payroll and Benefits Manager
This position serves to support Crossroads Christian Communications and YES TV employees, ensuring that compensation and employment administrative matters are handled in a professional and timely manner with attention to accuracy, confidentiality, and excellent communication. Most important to this position is the demonstration that People & Culture is a ministry opportunity within our organizations, with a focus on ensuring that staff members feel respected, valued, and appreciated in all interactions.
Areas of Responsibility: (in order of priority)
- Process semi-monthly payroll for several compensation models – salary, hourly, various shifts for Crossroads and YES TV.
- Complete a variety of reports including Statistics Canada reports.
- Provide clerical support.
- Assist with event planning and execution.
- Coordinate and complete year end reports such as T4, T4A, and T2200.
Specific Job Duties:
- Calculate, post and audit payroll information.
- Monitor and ensure time and attendance entries are accurate and completed within the Time and Attendance records prior to payroll processing.
- Make changes to employee information for existing employees and enter information for new employees.
- Prepare payroll reports for finance department.
- Prepare cheque requisitions for payments.
- Calculate WSIB payments.
- Send out reminders or other communications to ensure employees have updated their timesheets or time off information prior to payroll input date.
- Assist employees with addressing any issues within the Time and Attendance system of record (Dayforce HCM).
- Generate year end and ad hoc reports.
- Assist with onboarding new employees, summer students, interns, and volunteers.
- Assist with creating orientation schedules and act as liaison on employees first day.
- Complete agreements for freelance and contract workers.
- Organize and maintain physical and electronic personnel records and files.
- Maintain vacation accrual records and annual vacation entitlement spreadsheet.
- Assist auditors by providing requested information during annual audits.
- Assist with event planning for staff functions, luncheons etc.
- Assist with posting open positions.
- Maintain detailed files and record keeping systems to assure accurate and complete documentation of payroll/personnel transactions in original copy
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certificate.
- Minimum of 3 years full cycle Canadian payroll experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all payroll legislative requirements including, Canada Revenue Agency, Service Canada, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, Employer Health Tax Regulations, and the Canada Labour Code for Federally Regulated organizations.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Experience in calculating special payments such as termination and severance, overtime, retro, and statutory holiday pay and fully aware of taxable and non-taxable benefits.
- Advanced working knowledge of time & attendance software. Experience with Dayforce HCM a definite asset.
- Experience providing administrative support in a high-volume environment.
- Able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Sound analytical thinking, problem solving, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
- Excellent researching skills.
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent follow through skills.
- Fast accurate data entry.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload.
The chosen candidate will have the following attributes:
- People oriented – enjoy dealing with people daily and assist in solving their problems
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good Listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional manner
- Service oriented
- Loves a challenge
- Lifelong learner
- Open office, friendly and collaborative environment
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission minded
Applications should be addressed to the attention of:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, People & Culture
Applications internally and externally will be considered. This position is open to both female and male applicants. Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. is an Employment Equity Employer.