Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.
has an exciting employment opportunity!
We are looking for a creative and strategic leader who is passionate about Christian media missions to help grow non-profit funding and brand awareness for the position of:
Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing Christian faith and values media content for people of all ages providing relevant messages of faith and inspiration for millions of Canadians.
Due to the nature of this position and the Christian faith-based content focus, it is essential that the successful candidate support the work of Crossroads Christian Communications, be familiar with and aligned to Christian ideology that inspires and informs our mission and vision. If you desire to use your creative and managerial skills to make the name of Jesus famous, we encourage you to apply. A cover letter must accompany your resume which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization based on these requirements. The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission:
With inspired media we will help people of all ages and stages become followers of Jesus Christ.
Purpose of Position:
The Marketing Manager holds the key lead role in syncing up our brand strategies and goals with audience and revenue goals and supports all other teams in the achievement of brand alignment.
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Build integrated marketing campaigns (traditional and digital), manage delivery dates, and ensure customer satisfaction of executions; including but not limited to Crossroads, 100 Huntley Street, Context Beyond the Headlines, See Hear Love, Castle, Prayer Lines, Relief & Development, First Peoples Voices.
- Provide creative and strategic direction and process for brand consistency, graphics, and video production across all channels and platforms.
- Partner closely with other members of Marketing, Development and Production to fulfill, build upon and execute plans.
- Hands on contributor, (writing and editing) for donor and marketing communications including Crossroads enewsletter and Reach magazine,
- Manage freelance support by providing creative direction and editing copy.
- Work under the direction of the Marketing and Communications Director and support senior management with Marketing and Communications initiatives.
- Responsible to manage the Marketing Department Budget.
- Leverage customer insights/market research to accomplish organization goals (Mission, Vision, Purpose).
- Build, support and refine the Marketing team process workflow, supporting the development or continuous improvement of policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day operational activities and project tracking including the management of data and/or reports for marketing campaigns.
- Facilitate weekly team and project kick-off meetings, ensuring all Marketing Team members have the tools, resources and information to execute on time and within budget.
- Provide Art direction.
- Oversee and ensure quality control of design and text on all marketing materials.
- Manage corporate social media accounts.
- Resource and manage freelance support for Marketing projects.
- Analyze performance and effectiveness of team members for marketing for programs and course correct as needed.
- Coordinate marketing tactics for events live or virtual (experiential brand marketing)
- Monitor and recommend improvements to SEO and SEM strategy of websites and digital media platforms.
- Track monthly spend for Marketing budget and report discrepancies or issues.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/Diploma or relevant and proven industry experience in marketing, advertising or communications.
- At least 5 years of direct experience in a not-for-profit or consumer-facing environment, with at least 3 years managing marketing teams.
- Solid experience using customer insights to drive decisions.
- Have successful experience with project management.
The Chosen Candidate will:
- Excel as a leader with a passion to infuse your Christian calling in your work, demonstrating alignment with Crossroads’ culture.
- Possess the ability to ensure consistent brand voice and proper adherence to brand style guides and brand platform in all mediums.
- Be skillful in providing insightful reports with lead time that allows for course correction measures and deviations if needed.
- Serve as a compassionate, authentic and inspirational manager who can identify, nurture and leverage strengths and talents within the team.
- Be driven and purposeful, with a laser-sharp focus on both strategic development and flawless execution.
- Be well-versed in the latest broadcast, fundraising, brand and technology trends, as well as classic omni-channel marketing techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrate the proven ability to makes data-driven decisions, backing strong, well-formed opinions with evidence, although is also open to feedback and flexible to consider others input when challenging those opinions.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple projects strategically and work tactically.
- Possess a passion for omni-channel marketing.
- Works well in high demand and pressure situations with strong adherence to deadlines.
- Have strong organizing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be a strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Have a problem solving approach.
- Be goal driven.
- Be committed to lifelong learning.
Our team of media missionaries enjoy a collaborative, entrepreneurial work environment, exposure to a wide variety of projects that can help develop practical, in-demand skills, plus the opportunity to make a direct, meaningful impact on the success and growth of our mission.
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Group RRSP
- Paid time off benefits
How to Apply
Send resume and a cover letter to Amy Laforet, Director Marketing and Communications
Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. We thank all applicants in advance but due to the volume of applications only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted.
Applications internally and externally will be considered. Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. is an Employment Equity Employer.