As part of a core team, you will build and maintain PrayerCloud, Crossroads’ omni-channel SaaS contact center software for use in 24/7 prayer centers. Our volunteers have prayed with 13 million callers and your work will directly contribute to our opportunity to dramatically grow this ministry internally, and with external partners, into the future through innovative and inspiring software.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with contact center or customer communications/telephony software development
- Experience with software integrations and building middleware connectors
- 5+ years of software development and testing experience.
- Public Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket page requested so we can assess coding skills.
- Knowledge of Twilio contact center services
- Ability to write well-tested and documented code
- Strong knowledge of RESTful Services/APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions
- Ability to bring a product from concept to market
- Strong Quality Assurance testing techniques
- Knowledge of the tools and processes development teams use to develop, build, and test integrations
- Excellent personal organizational, communication and presentation skills for internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills to produce valid insights from data, can build SQL queries from scratch
- Strong communication skills: in person, on paper, or in code enabling you to explain technical concepts to engineers, and partner support teams
- Advanced time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficiency with developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency and decrease product downtime
Areas of Responsibility:
- Interpret the Lead Designer’s, team members, and users’ needs into a useful and robust feature set
- Solve technical problems by working closely with UX, product lead, and remote volunteer teams
- Manage the delicate balance between implementation complexity, time to market and scalability, and resiliency
- Contribute significantly to sprints, meet sprint deadlines, help other team members with their sprint commitments and take the lead on urgent tasks.
Specific Job Duties:
- Report weekly to the PrayerCloud Product Lead on timelines and deliverables.
- Work daily with the PrayerCloud software team to deliver expected outcomes
- Contribute to open-source projects (related to Twilio and Twilio-Flex repos) when appropriate
- Other duties as required
- Open office, friendly and collaborative environment
- Work from home options
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission minded
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Paid time-off benefits
- Group RSP matching
The chosen candidate will have the following attributes:
- A passion for ministry and high-impact projects
- Works well under pressure and in fast paced, changing environment
- Organized, detail oriented
- Deadline and goal oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Self-directed, takes initiative
- Professional demeanor
- Collaboration skills
How To Apply:
- Please send your resume and cover letter which includes an explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s faith-based culture to, [email protected]
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
- Crossroads is an Employment Equity Employer.
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission:
Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.