Chief Development Officer
Crossroads Christian Communications Incorporated (CCCI) is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and forward-thinking senior officer who is passionate about sharing the Gospel. Equal to that passion will be the desire to identify and oversee strategies that integrate historically proven fundraising approaches with new and innovative ways to engage others in our evangelistic mission.
As a member of the Executive Team, the Chief Development Officer (CDO) will be foremost responsible for envisioning strategies to inspire and motivate others to partner with CCCI in our purpose. The implementation of the overall fundraising strategy designed by the CDO incorporates the service of the Development, Marketing and Communications team members who collectively report into the CDO as the Development Team.
Though this role incorporates a strong visionary leader, the CDO will be enthusiastic about overseeing the process to secure philanthropic gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations by leading their team to proactively match donor interests to organizational initiatives and philosophies.
The CDO will be entrusted with ensuring the health and sustainability of the organization as we move into the future.
Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Inspiring Stories: We empower people to see and share their transformational stories of faith because God is working in the lives of everyone everywhere.
- Igniting Compassion: We connect God’s love to the world with a servant’s heart because God cares for people through people.
- Innovating Together: We creatively express the good news by embracing innovation and building trusted partnerships because God’s mission is fueled by unity.
The chosen candidate will have of a proven history as an excellent fundraising technician with success related to the following:
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards in management, governance, and fund development.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of executive management.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization and the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional growth and development personally, and inspiration of a growth culture within the team.
- Demonstrated initiative in the role of a team coach to inspire unity of mission and a mutually supportive environment.
- Development of a comprehensive Development strategy
- Leadership of Development
- donor, donation, and average gift size growth year over year.
- Donor retention rate
- Pledge fulfillment percentage
- Fundraising ROI
- Fulfillment of projected fund-raising targets
- Achievement of CDO annual fundraising goal
The CDO will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will work with the Executive team, governing board, and team members to achieve strategic funding goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Fundraising Strategies and Outcomes
- Leadership of Development Team including Marketing and Communications
- New revenue streams including Digital Expansion
- Marketing strategy for existing and new audiences
- University degree preferably in Business Management, Communications, Marketing or Not-for-profit Development
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive
- Member of GTA chapter of Association of Fundraising Professionals preferred
- 7-10 years’ successful experience in all aspects of philanthropy and development for a nonprofit organization with significant exposure to stewardship and planned giving.
- 2-3 years contributing to Marketing Strategies
- Experience working with Executives on strategic development planning
- Donor Perfect fundraising software
- Standard fundraising techniques, in person, proposal writing, special events, telephone solicitation and direct mail.
- Dimensions of philanthropy – motivations for giving
- Research and cultivation practices
- Gift processing
- Fundraising reporting
- Business analysis
- Governance related to fundraising
- Progressive marketing experience in campaign planning and execution, external communications, digital marketing and content development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical abilities related to donor software and Microsoft Office. Donor Perfect experience preferred
- Financial management
- Project Management
- Comprehensive management skills for short and long-term planning
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Stress tolerant
- Ability to plan and implement programs and meet deadlines.
- Ability to translate broad goals into achievable steps
- Ability to handle detailed, complex concepts and problems and make rapid decisions regarding management and development issues.
If you are ready to invest your talents and experience in an organization who has a rich and respected history and who welcomes an innovative approach to garnering financial support toward our purpose, we want to hear from you.
Please apply to Cheryl Campbell, Director, People & Culture at [email protected] When applying, please provide a cover letter that includes a brief explanation of your knowledge of CCCI, and why you feel you would be a good fit for our team given our operational focus.
Nominations and applications will be accepted starting November 11, 2021, and will continue until the successful candidate is selected. We would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to prayerfully discern this role and apply. Only those candidates that are selected for the screening process will be contacted.