Purpose of position
This position contributes to content creation through the application of multiple technical skills to ensure high-quality broadcast production, with a primary focus on Live/Recorded Television Audio Mixing and Audio Post Production.
- Communicate daily with the Director regarding production functions to be performed.
- Help determine production needs of the day re: equipment needed, audio implications etc.
- Facilitate all production Audio mixing and audio post-production when not filling another production role.
- Assist with setup, testing, problem-solving, and execution of all needed equipment for the production role scheduled for.
- When required, provide direction to the Audio Assist.
- Other duties as required.
- In addition to the primary responsibility of live/recorded television audio mixing and audio post-production, additional production roles may include Floor Manager, Studio Camera Operator, Location Audio, CG Operator, Lighting Operator, Video Shader, Audio Assist, Teleprompter Operator.
- Grip for audio, sets, as well as hang and focus lighting.
- Work with the Director in identifying technical problems and implementing solutions.
- Ensure all technical equipment for the production service being provided is in place and operational.
Qualifications and experience
- College or University diploma/degree in Television Broadcasting
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Audio Engineering- understanding of tools and programs for broadcast mixing and audio post-production
- Extensive knowledge and experience with multiple production disciplines.
- Excellent leadership ability
- Time management
- Technology Savvy
- Problem solver
- Critical observer
- Functions well under pressure
What we offer
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Paid time-off benefits, personal, sick days
- Group RSP matching plan
- In-studio/office working environment
- Friendly and highly collaborative team environment.
- Co-workers who are committed to the exceptional delivery of our services, and meaningful personal and professional growth through Purpose Development.
How to apply
- Applications should be sent to [email protected] and must include a current resume and a cover letter that includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and our organization.
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
- CCCI is an Employment Equity Employer.
Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing Christian faith and values media content for people of all ages. The chosen candidate will be supportive of Crossroad’s purpose:
Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.