Crossroads Christian Communications Incorporated (CCCI) is seeking a highly energetic professional with a proven track record of building major donor relationships and who is passionate about our purpose, for the full-time permanent role of Major Gifts Officer.
Purpose of position
The Major Gifts Officer will translate Crossroad’s mission and programs into fundraising initiatives that garner strong and consistent financial support that motivates donors to give, continue giving, or increase giving, enabling Crossroads to further its ministry support and mission.
The chosen candidate will have a proven history as an excellent fundraising technician with success related to the following:
- Maintaining stewardship contacts with donors; while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstration of an empathetic disposition and perseverance while reflecting an optimistic attitude and, conveying sensitivity to the needs of the donors.
- Show great care to identify, and, meet or exceed the expectations of each individual who comes into contact with Crossroads Christian Communications Inc’s major gifts office:
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- The ability to work collaboratively with team members and be self-motivated in taking the initiative to contact donors through in-person or face-to-face (video) meetings and solicitations.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet donor needs.
The Major Gifts Officer will report to the Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Development Officer
- Responsible for soliciting gifts of $10,000 and higher.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Manage a portfolio of primary prospects in an assigned territory.
- Manage relationships with approximately 200-300 existing and prospective donors and also identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors and friends of the ministry.
- Actively conduct ongoing initiatives to cultivate new and existing major donors
- Monitor all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
- Maintain up-to-date data, notes, and actions in Crossroad’s Donor Perfect database.
- Report on activity and results compared to goals and objectives.
- Help plan and execute leadership donor cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising events.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team on select donor materials.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for donors, including working with volunteers.
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
- Offer prospect strategy counsel to the CEO, executive management, and staff who are managing other prospects
Qualifications and experience
- University degree preferably in Business Management, Communications, Marketing, or Not-for-profit Development.
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive)
- 5-7 Years of successful experience in Major Gift solicitation.
- Sales and Marketing experience is an asset
- Must have a track record of building major donor relationships and closing gifts (both current and deferred) in the five-figure and up range.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good storytelling
- Good listener
What we offer
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Matching Group RSP contributions
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] All applicants must include a cover letter with their resume highlighting why they feel they would be a suitable candidate for this role. The chosen candidate will be fully aligned with the organizational faith-based culture.
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
Applications internally and externally will be considered.
Crossroads is an Employment Equity Employer.
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission: Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing Christian faith and values media content for people of all ages providing relevant messages of faith and inspiration for millions of Canadians.
Due to Christian faith-based focus of this position, the successful candidate will support the work of Crossroads Christian Communications and be familiar with and aligned to Christian ideology that inspires and informs our mission. A cover letter must accompany your resume which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization, based on these requirements.