Crossroads Christian Communications Incorporated (CCCI) is seeking a highly energetic professional with a proven track record of building major donor relationships for the full-time permanent role of Major Gifts Officer.
Purpose of position
The Major Gifts Officer will translate Crossroad’s mission and programs into fundraising initiatives that garner strong and consistent financial support that motivates donors to give, continue giving, or increase giving, enabling Crossroads to further its ministry support and mission.
The chosen candidate will have a proven history as an excellent fundraising technician with success in maintaining stewardship contacts with donors while adhering to the highest ethical standards.
- Responsible for soliciting gifts of $10,000 and higher.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Manage a portfolio of primary prospects in an assigned territory.
- Manage relationships with approximately 200-300 existing and prospective donors and identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and friends of the ministry.
- Actively conduct ongoing initiatives to cultivate new and existing major donors.
- Monitor all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
- Maintain up-to-date data, notes, and actions in Crossroad’s Donor Perfect database.
- Report on activity and results compared to goals and objectives.
- Help plan and execute leadership donor cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising events.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team on select donor materials.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for donors, including working with volunteers.
- Move potential donors appropriately and timely toward solicitation and closure.
- Process donor bequests and facilitate planned giving gifts.
- Offer prospect strategy counsel to the CEO, executive management, and staff managing other prospects.
Qualifications and experience
- A university degree preferably in Business Management, Communications, Marketing, or Not-for-profit Development.
- CFRE designated (Certified Fund-Raising Executive)
- 5-7 Years of successful experience in Major Gift solicitation. Sales and Marketing experience is an asset.
- Must have a track record of building major donor relationships and closing gifts (both current and deferred) in the five-figure and up range.
- The ability to work collaboratively with team members and be self-motivated in taking the initiative to contact donors through in-person or face-to-face (video) meetings and solicitations.
- Demonstration of an empathetic disposition and perseverance while reflecting an optimistic attitude, conveying sensitivity to the needs of the donors.
- Passion to show great care in identifying and meeting or exceeding the expectations of each individual who comes into contact with Crossroads Christian Communications Inc.’s major gifts office.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet donor needs.
What we offer
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Group RSP matching plan
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
How to apply
The chosen candidate will have the following attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good storytelling
- Good listener
How To Apply:
- Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. All applicants must include a cover letter with their resume highlighting why they feel they would be a suitable candidate for this role.
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
- Crossroads is an Employment Equity Employer.
Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing Christian faith and values media content for people of all ages.
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s purpose: Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.