Purpose of position
Crossroads Christian Communications is accepting applications for the full-time position of Development and Marketing Coordinator. This position will support and contribute to the realization of the Development Department’s mass revenue and donor base growth goals through the strategic and sustainable development of direct mail, email, web, and other mass communication channels.
- Work within the overall strategy framework of the Director of Donor Development (DODD), to provide expertise and counsel for the individual campaign of all mass fundraising projects to achieve goals for revenue generation, donor retention, donor acquisition and donor cultivation.
- Implement the development strategy through the successful execution of a monthly donor conversion and retention program.
- Support DODD and the Coordinator, Application Support with the mass campaign calendar, creative strategies, donor journeys development, target audience selection and segmentation, testing strategies, reporting and analysis of campaign results.
- Provide support as needed to the DODD and related teams to implement campaign production as per the delivery, budget, and strategy goals.
- Provide assistance, and support for new processes that grow digital revenue, making greater use of marketing automation, enabling data-informed strategies, and improving time and cost efficiencies.
- Contribute new ideas for mass, mid, monthly, and online donor initiatives that support cultivation, acquisition, retention, and stewardship activities.
- Contribute ideas to campaign themes, calendar, donor journeys, telethons, and tracking codes.
- Manage all mass campaign and reporting results as well as support and report on revenue budgets.
- Support various teams by uploading web content and overseeing website maintenance
- Build email campaigns, scheduling, in communication for development & marketing.
- Attend or lead weekly planning and update meetings with the Development and Marketing department as required.
- Repurpose approved marketing and fundraising projects to be included in donor communications to promote growth on all revenue channels, including graphic design, web development, website maintenance, email development and deployment, and copywriting.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator, Application Support and DODD to generate donor lists, drip campaigns, data analysis, and reports from GiveCloud, Google Analytics, Donor Perfect, and Constant Contact to provide ongoing updates to the Director of Donor Development.
- Assist with project briefs, work back schedules, review of copywriting, artwork, print proofs, and approved videos for all initiatives which include campaigns, calendars, donor journeys, and telethons
- Review and research and fundraising trends through podcasts, seminars, blogs, reports, articles, and conferences for new implementation and methodology activities.
- Support the strategic goal setting framework of all mass fundraising projects for lead and revenue generation through donor cultivation, acquisition, retention, and stewardship of mass, monthly and online donors.
- Facilitate telethons by working closely with the production, marketing, teleministry, and other development teams.
- Research relevant books, videos, newsletters, seminars, and conferences to advance development skills and identify new, relevant fundraising ideas.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and experience
- Post-secondary education or higher. Relevant Development courses
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a robust development operation within a charity or agency where integrated mass donor direct mail and online fundraising strategies were successfully implemented.
- Experience with multiple medium or larger charity fundraising programs
- Experience with digital fundraising tactics and best practices
- Strong persuasive communication skills
- Expertise with Constant Contact, GiveCloud, Donor Perfect and Web Contact related softwares
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service focus
- Must be able to work on a timetable, meet tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level
- Strategic thinker
- Goal oriented
- Self directed – takes initiative
- Works collaboratively
- Hybrid in-office and work from home option.
- Our teams enjoy a collaborative work environment, exposure to a wide variety of projects that can help develop practical, in-demand skills, plus the opportunity to make a direct, meaningful impact on both personal and professional growth.
- Faith-based culture
What we offer
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Matching Group RSP contributions
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] The chosen candidate will be fully aligned with the organizational faith-based culture. All applicants must include a cover letter with their resume highlighting why they feel they would be a suitable candidate for this role.
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
Applications internally and externally will be considered.
Crossroads is an Employment Equity Employer.
The chosen candidate will be fully aligned and passionate about Crossroad’s organizational mission: Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing Christian faith and values media content for people of all ages providing relevant messages of faith and inspiration for millions of Canadians.
Due to Christian faith-based focus of this position, the successful candidate will support the work of Crossroads Christian Communications and be familiar with and aligned to Christian ideology that inspires and informs our mission. A cover letter must accompany your resume which includes a brief explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization, based on these requirements.