Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing Christian faith and values media content for people of all ages and provides 24/7 Prayer Line support. Our volunteers have prayed with 13 million callers and your work will directly contribute to growing this ministry with external partners through your inspiring promotional materials. Crossroads Purpose: Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Purpose of position
We are seeking a creative self-starter with a passion for copywriting, design, and digital media who will be responsible for ensuring that the promotional materials written for Anyone Pray, Crossroads’ omni-channel SaaS software for 24/7 prayer centers, is clear, relevant, and jargon-free, and most importantly, matches Crossroad’s brand voice and tone.
Working with our service strategists, the Content Designer/Copywriter will provide great content, and demonstrate marketing expertise so that our content practice scales faster. They will help the team deliver a subscriber-first experience by crafting UX copy that helps subscribers and service volunteers onboard smoothly. The successful candidate will be a compelling storyteller and know what it takes to deliver a great omnichannel experience.
- Collaborate with the CSO and marketing department to create effective online and offline promotional, advertising material, email, SMS marketing campaigns, case studies and presentations.
- Conceptualize project briefs into effective creative content from copy to design
- Provide input on creative direction, as well as efficient collaboration on revisions and project deliveries within a team setting
- Craft UX copy that helps subscribers and service volunteers onboard smoothly.
- Report on project status
- Provide copy-writing support for Marketing when priorities allow
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, graphic design, visual communications, multimedia creation or relevant field of study, or equivalent combined education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Graphic Design (preferably in Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and website copy/design)
- 3+ years’ experience in digital writing and designing content for web, SaaS or mobile product role
- UX writing and communication experience
- Bilingualism in English and French is required
- Excellent understanding of typography, layout, and branding
- Versatile and able to conceptualize a brand’s creative vision, language, and expectations.
- Adept at simplifying and communicating complex ideas to a broad audience
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight in the creative process.
- Effective time management, cross-functioning
- Preferred experience with Slack
- Strong ability to prioritize with good organizational skills
- Ability to create tone appropriate copy suitable to different promotional scenarios
What we offer
- Open office, friendly and collaborative environment
- Remote and in-office working arrangements
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission-minded
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Paid time-off benefits, personal, sick days
- Employer matching GRSP contributions
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter, which includes an explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for the role and the organization’s purpose, and a link to your portfolio of creative work that demonstrates a keen ability to tell completing stories through design and copy to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted. Applications internally and externally will be considered.
Crossroads is an Employment Equity Employer.
Crossroads is a highly respected organization and is Canada’s leader in providing Christian faith and values media content for people of all ages and provides 24/7 Prayer Line support.
Crossroads Purpose: Revealing the transforming story of Jesus through inspiring and innovative media to anyone, anywhere, anytime.